Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 1 2/18

 I'm not sure yet how I will document this journey. I thought about maybe a blog post, but couldn't get one started right now, so I'll start here (on Facebook). I did my Day 1 today. I've not ever done a walking meditation before. I've really never done anything but guided. I found a place near my work that I think will be perfect. I left my desk at 2pm and by the time I got to where I wanted to start, it was 2:10. I set my alarm for 2:30 thinking that 20 minutes would be enough for a first day. I walked a specific path, back and forth, 5 times. I warred with myself on whether or not to check the time. It was 2:39 when I did. I forgot my alarm will go off after 1 minute. Oops. I started with right left right as my words as I stepped to help guide my concentration. It naturally progressed to Step.. and then to breathe, and then to "You are enough." It didn't take long with some quite me time to get to the root of what troubles my soul. I return to my desk with full breasts, clearer head but heavier heart. I hate that I struggle here. At least this is a good first step towards loving myself more.

*Copied from a FB comment yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment